Saturday, February 5, 2011

Re: fetus incubators

"No good deed goes unpunished" -Wikipedia fails to attribute this to anyone.

I read this last night and promptly burst out crying. It makes me absolutely sick that the medical profession is being dragged into this disgusting theocratic fight. It scares me that my future colleagues could opt out of even learning how to perform reproductive health services. A woman is more than her uterus. And medicine is about healing, not judgement. I hope we as a nation get that soon.

Here are a bunch of things on the Protect Life Act so you don't have to just read through my filter:
I Blame the Patriarchy (thanks, David)
Fox News (for giggles, except, wait, I'm not laughing.)

I really don't get it. I've never taken a psychology class, but I'm pretty sure that anyone who angrily clung to his guns, blatantly supported mistreatment of women, refused to accept facts, and was convinced that his/her own made-up bull was The Truth would promptly be admitted to a psychiatric ward--not, um, voted overwhelmingly into office.

Please mention adoption. Somebody ask, "well, what about adoption?" It's working out great.

Oh you gotta read this too--it's about bleeding women to death! whee! We totally don't live in the sixteenth century.

We went to the temple today. My parents encouraged me to pray for acceptance to this school or that. I think i did. I'm not sure that I know how to pray. There's so much wrong out there. How much can I really fix? And will it depend on where I end up next year?

I found this new blog written by an anonymous resident. It's funny, fascinating, and horrifying. The comments, too.

"I'm continually amazed by the types of people who make it into the medical field. I hear about some awful things my classmates have done, but because I don't actually socialize or talk to those people, there's nothing I can do. Anyone can fake out an interview and say all the right things and come off as a good person. It's scary. I'm actually frightened for some of my classmates to become physicians.

That said, I think the ethically questionable people are in the minority and that the majority of us hold each other to a high enough standard to keep this kind of behavior to a minimum. I hope." (source)

I hope so too.

Then my sister turns on the super bowl and there are those football players crying during the national anthem. It makes me want to throw something at the TV.

They don't cry about what I cry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment