Thursday, May 5, 2011

Summer reading list

The main limiting factor on this list will be how much I can fit in a suitcase, especially because I'm planning to take a couple anatomy textbooks as well (dontjudgeme). Suggestions always welcome.

When Everything Changed: The Amazing Journey of American Women from 1960 to the Present - Gail Collins

Lisey's Story - Stephen King

Delusions of Gender: How Our Minds, Society, and Neurosexism Create Difference - Cordelia Fine

the remainder of the Sookie Stackhouse books - Charlaine Harris

The Show that Smells - Derek McCormack

Anything else I should be reading? I would especially like to have more horror-type things in my repertoire.

3 comments:

  1. Tahir Shah. Nonfiction won't kill you, I promise!

    I've also started reading The God Delusion (reading = opening it on the bus, reading a page, and then falling asleep, so it's going slow), and it's really good so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nonfiction is scary! But...maybe.

    Also, I read the wikipedia page on "atheism in Hinduism" and am even more confused than before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Female Brain - Louann Brizendine M.D.
    I know you know stuff about the brain, but this book is interesting.

    Please Look After Mom - Kyung-sook Shin
    The original Korean version was so good, I'm sure the translation is just as good. It would have been such a fast read if I had read it in English.

    ReplyDelete