Thursday, November 10, 2011

Triangles

 You guys! For the first time in the history of this blog I went a whole month without posting. Whoops! It's not like I've learned to be quiet for everyone's sake or anything. Here is a cobbled-together version of the blog posts I started and never finished over the past few weeks.

[something something tirade about economic policies, 9-9-9, the number of words in the tax code, and postcards]

"...and that's it [...] You are released on an unsuspecting world."

Stephen King wrote this in Christine (creepy, gory, recommended) in reference to high school and I suspect it applies quite well to the end of med school too. Or to the beginning. Or, um, I was going somewhere with this. I just think the quote is foreshadow-y in a variety of contexts. I feel hyperaware of the next four years (which doesn't make sense, but just go with it). I like planning, and thinking I have control over things!

Last week was triangles (hard to demonstrate with your fingers). Urogenital triangle + anal triangle. The trigone is distinct from the detrusor (we must, after all, let trigones be trigones). Grid cells make triangle-based grids (3 neuroscience conferences in 1 day --> happy Takini).

As expected, I am super good at solving Meredith's life problems.
Blair is falling apart. Chuck is falling together. Nate continues to be irrelevant.

[tirade about Israel-Palestine, US hegemony, and how no one really knows what "hegemony" means]

Mrs. Bennet: You take delight in vexing me. You have no compassion on my poor nerves.
Mr. Bennet: You mistake me, my dear. I have a high respect for your nerves. They are my old friends. I have heard you mention them with consideration these twenty years at least.
- Pride and Prejudice

happy interviews tomorrow! I have an exam but will probably be hallway-loitering before 8 am. They will give you snickerdoodles. Don't offer them to the lawyer. He doesn't eat sweets in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! They still haven't told me who my interviewers are. Hm.

    Why on Earth did you post this at 5:26 AM?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't! Blogger always gets the time wrong.

    ReplyDelete