Saturday, June 22, 2013

Immersion

"It doesn't matter whether you like ballet, you have to respect the ballerina." -patient

"A'ight." -attending

Rotating is the bee's knees. It is better than I could have imagined, it's exhausting and exhilarating, and apparently I love rounding and trying to explain feedback loops to patients. There are distinct benefits to being fresh off the test, but the #1 disadvantage is becoming quite reluctant to study for the next one.

Medicine is cray and amazing and human beings are weird and wonderful. for more details, do ask and I'll talk your ear off. The residents and attendings are incredible at integrating teaching into their day. Basically...I'm good.

More attending quotes to round us off!
- on consulting services: "You go to the barbershop, you might get a haircut."
- as I struggle to find foot pulses on someone with X's marked on her feet: "Sometimes, X marks the spot."
- with some of my diagnosis ideas: "Where the hell did you pull that from?"
-"Fab."

No comments:

Post a Comment