Thursday, September 2, 2010

Scattered snark

I hope the first day of school (and with it, my annual overpriced Jamba strawberry-granola-banana thing) re-energizes and motivates me. After three years of anything, I start itching to move to the next thing (I blame the parents).

I don't want to fight to stay awake in lecture and make flashcards and color-coded notes and stress about exams I will have forgotten in a month. I just want to remove that lady's optic glioma and restore her vision, or reconstruct that guy's spinal cord section so his legs aren't in constant pain.

Anyway, the first day is a lopsided 2:30 to 5:45 affair and will mostly consist of me stealing the free stuff from freshmen.

World-weary teenager. Like we haven't all seen that before.
Somebody give me a wake-up call.

2 comments:

  1. Please bring me along. I like free stuff, and those freshmen are getting annoying already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like taking candy from so many lanky, overexcited babies.

    ReplyDelete