Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pre-November

This November will be the most insane month of my life so far.

This post was supposed to be about how I'm ready...I'm not. I'm terrified.

Okay, no, that's not completely true. I'm just not as fully prepared as I'd like to be. Wish I had more time. The first one is on a Friday, with a social-type thing the night before. But on Thursday morning before leaving, I have to register. Also a term paper, midterm, make-up lab and quiz, actual lab and quiz earlier in the week. poo. Hopefully, after the first one, I'll realize I'm actually good at this (because, well...I probably am) and not worry so much. When I worry, I can feel the blinders closing in, narrowing my view and obstructing the important stuff.

I forgot that this evening will be spent hiding from the children.

2 comments:

  1. "social-type thing the night before" - good practice for the social skills needed for your interview

    "well...I probably am" - way to not be too full of yourself

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I don't pep-talk myself, mer, who will?

    At the social-type thing, they will serve Papa John's.

    ReplyDelete