Wednesday, August 4, 2010

It's not the third

I blog too much. But think of it this way. It's a lot easier to ignore a blog post than a wall post.

I'm veering wildly between
1. Of course I'll get in. In fact I'll get in to multiple places. I'll get in to so many places I will bemoan having to choose between them.
2. Under what audacity did I spend so much of my parents' money applying this year. There's no way I will get in anywhere. One school has a ratio of 5000 applicants for 88 seats. Really? I'm going to beat those odds?

Currently in #2. The premed student forums don't help. Everyone there is insane. They raise my blood pressure like nobody's business. I can count the number of premed people I genuinely like on one hand.

There's a really cool combo of coffee, energy drinks, and self-doubt running through my veins. But it might just be all those existentialist webcomics.

Update: Pep talk received . It went like this.

Me: Mother. I'm having an existential crisis.
Mother: Again? Well, you have to have one every month or so to make sure you exist, I suppose. What is it this time? You won't get in anywhere?
Me: I won't get in anywhere.
Mother: Huh. That's okay. I'll teach you to make parathas.
Sister: You want her to be a housewife?!
Mother: No, no. She'll make parathas in tiffins for all the bachelors. Every day they'll pay her to pack tiffins.
Me: But they'll have creepy mustaches.
Mother: No, hire a delivery guy. You just make the parathas.
Me: (...)
Mother: I don't care if you don't want to write. Go.

And so I went and here we are. I'm good now.

2 comments:

  1. Premed student forums? Who would unleash such a monstrosity on the world?

    More mother/daughter dialogue, please. My spellcheck tells me to spell it "dialog," but I refuse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More poorly-translated Hinglish? I can do that.

    ReplyDelete