Friday, August 13, 2010

Worried

I might be becoming a music person.
"It's a band," I heard myself saying. "You probably haven't heard of them. They're ungoogleable."

Also a:
bad feminist
bad Hindu (see below)
bad atheist (see above)

I was reading some of my old linear algebra proofs. They are laughably bad. At one point the TA had, justifiably, written "Why??" five times on one problem. I remember calling the professor at his house to ask him if I should drop out of the class. He said no, that I would need linear algebra for neuroscience.

I agree with everything in this blog post. Trying to add more thinking-y things to my regular blog reading. Many thanks to David for his contributions to that goal.

Rat #6 bit me today. It didn't hurt...except my feelings.

There was a teen self-help book I read with some zeal a few years ago. It suggested counting the number of times one says "I" in the course of a day, then cutting it by a certain fraction/amount/something. And almost every time I say "I" or type "I" I think of that book and feel guilty. And then think of another book: Ayn Rand's "Anthem". Whoops. Just outed myself as a

bad Objectivist.

2 comments:

  1. You'd be a better atheist if you went to CASH this fall. Just sayin. ;)

    ReplyDelete