Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Arsenic

Yesterday my fourth cell culture of July got infected. Today I un-infected them. Clearly, magical healing powers.

In other news. Can someone remind me why I'm taking an herbal supplement that has been banned in Canada due to unacceptably high arsenic content?

Oh yeah, because
"it's got to have some arsenic in it. For your skin."

Almost one-third done with applications!!1!!!

I heard an ad on the radio today that I thought was for some sort of skateboarding-equipment store. It was for Mormonism.

My mother is being interesting today. I don't really feel like picking a fight right now though. How is my sister so peaceful all the time? I fight with our parents enough for the both us, I guess. Well. Last year at home in any case. Except for the case where I don't get into med school.

Vampire shows would be more palatable if they didn't insist on pairing them with werewolves. At least with the vampires, some effort is put in to the mythology, i.e. their weaknesses and why they can walk around in the sun (hint: magic lotion and/or magic rings). But the werewolves just change with no regard to the moon! Uncool. Lupin frowns. And Seth from Buffy.

To everyone taking the mcat tomorrow: Believe in yourself. Get a good song stuck in your head right before. Use the sound-canceling headphones. Take all of your breaks. And breathe often. And then believe in yourself and your knowledge and your preparation a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment