Saturday, July 31, 2010

Two cents

For what it's worth, Chelsea, I hope you have a fantastic wedding and successful marriage.

Her conduct on the campaign trail back in the '08 primaries was inspirational and a bright spot amongst all the quibbling that made me take a hiatus from following politics (a hiatus which has only recently ended due to some friends who are bad influences. Why can't you just let me watch trashy tv in peace?).
Some of the reactions to the event have been absurd and even disgusting. Bah. Shouldn't be surprising anymore.

Anyway, these essays would be done by now (maybe), except that instead of staring at them for three hours this morning, I went to yoga. Just let that sink in for a moment. This from a person who has not worn sweatpants since skipping joyously out of the last day of her last required gym credit. (It was gymnastics. My debate coach judged our final routine. Thankfully he agreed to a vow of silence on the topic.)

Anyway, I actually participated for about one and a half hours, then spaced out during the breathing exercises, because they are just not compatible with my lung capacity. But then. The instructor informed us we were going to play some games to reconnect with our childhoods. At this point I regretted not having followed my mother's advice to bring my own car. There was no persuading my family to leave early--my father gets really into these things, and my sister loves going places where they know her but not me.

The first game I survived using my patented, aggressive non-participation strategy, which has been gathering dust since NOL and welcome week. This involves refusing to move, even if you are "it". The second game involved, um, multiplication and Hinduism. I handled that one. Also, if multiple people believe 12 is a multiple of 5, I am going to make fun of them, regardless of how respected they are in the Indian community. Can't help it.

ETA: my whole body hurts. Owww.

1 comment:

  1. Even though I love doing physical activity, this yoga thing sounds like something I wouldn't even go near.

    Also, I'm surprised that as a freshman you didn't take up the popular fashion of donning sweatpants regardless of time, season, or weather.

    To be honest, I don't even have sweatpants

    ReplyDelete