Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pre-epiphany

An exciting look into my Sunday evening! Get ready for the most boring live-blog (?) of your life.

5:24 pm
Really ought to be writing those essays. Pretty outlines mean nothing without full sentences somewhere along the line. Warning: I've just watched a bunch of British youtube videos, so this will be typed in an accent. It is now 5:25.

5:25 pm
I'll just stare into space until 5:30. Nice round number. Time. Nice round time.

5:26 pm
There are a lot of paint fumes in the house today. The kitchen has gone from a lovely cool green to...peach.

5:27 pm
Anybody have thoughts on that handwriting psychology business? Should I write my T's straight or curly?

5:28 pm
Nearing that official writing time. Pleeease don't let pandora play me non-writing-inducing nonsense. I mean, er, rubbish.

5:29 pm
A bit self-absorbed tonight, aren't we.

5:30 pm
!!!!
400 words. brb.

5:31 pm
Fudge it's Fall Out Boy.

5:42 pm
"mélange"= great word. So is "concomitant". The theme of this essay is "Cultural Dissonance" or, "A Rejection of the Melting Pot Narrative". Ooh.

5:46 pm
Cobra Starship is one of the few bands for which I can sniffle, "They were better before they went mainstream." No offense, Leighton.

5:56 pm
Want more cwoffee. But today's quota has already been maxed out.

8:13 pm
Update: Only 154 words written. I did however watch an episode of Psych and browse 15 pages of google images to find a new desktop picture (not involving Psych).

8:31 pm
A.H. hates the British :(
I bet she hates toast and puppies too.

8:36 pm
Valid excuse for not actually writing the essay: I'm waiting for the red bull to kick in. Totally valid. Crap I think it's kicking in.

8:54 pm
Okay, 292 words written. They're sort of in full sentences.

10:12 pm
mother: "I want some red bull. Wait, will it make me not be able to sleep? Does it have caffeine?" No, mother, it's the sedative of choice for an entire generation of postmodern adolescents.

10:55 pm
Intensive facebook creeping over. That took a lot out of me. Essay still not written. Good job, self.

No comments:

Post a Comment