Thursday, December 16, 2010

Abandon hope, all ye who enter here

Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap

(yes, you can make fun of me for posting musicalish things)

The next 24 hours have so many different things I need to do/study/practice/memorize that it is physically impossible for me to do it all. Having accepted this, I feel very calm and not like it's "finals week". Anyway, it will all get done--it always does, somehow.

On a semi-related note, how do people lose weight when they're stressed? I'm a stereotypical stress eater. It is 8:30 am and I've had two breakfasts, too much coffee, and oreos and m&m's.

Sometime between 8 and 8:15, my lab presentation turned from a complete joke into something semi-legitimate....what. Oh, and the melanopsin lecture yesterday. It was brilliant. It was a thesis defense and I was amazed that the grad student was such a good lecturer/presenter that I was able to follow the entire time, and I feel like everyone got something meaningful out of it, from her non-scientist family members to the department heads. It was the most jam-packed defense I've been to, too; not surprising when you consider that she has already published two (three?) papers in prestigious journals and basically single-handedly figured out the subtypes of intrinsically photosensitive retinal ganglion cells.

And, they served really good wraps.

Here is a picture of a pirate.

1 comment:

  1. Don't apologize, it's a good song. Also, yay David is coming back!! (I realize I am responding to information in a future blogpost...I am ok with this)

    ReplyDelete