Sunday, December 26, 2010

Jetsetter (?)

In One Ear - Cage the Elephant

It is 4:25 pm. It's getting dark already. It's disconcerting.

I leave tomorrow and I am mostly ready. There are a bunch of little bitty things that still need to be done, like washing out that empty thermos that's been lying in the corner for weeks...I have to check my status pages at all the schools and hope that they don't call me until Jan 14th. Oh, and I need to (figure out how to) change my voicemail message thingy. I need to watch all of the videos that come up when you search "traveler's spanish" on youtube.

I will have reasonable internet access but will probably not be blogging. However, there is a group blog...link will be posted on facebook shortly.

I am currently going through a pop-culturally delayed "your mom" joke phase. If you say anything to me, I am likely to respond with "just like your mom" (or yo mama or even y tu mama tambien)(much too lazy to look up the accentos).

I went to an extremely intellectual dinner party yesterday. Almost everyone in the "kids' room" was a banker (...), med student, dental student, health policy student, or sibling of a Rhodes Scholar. We watched She's the Man, discussed Justin Bieber, and debated the merits of the Princess Diaries I vs. II.

In two days, I will have been on seven planes in the last two months.

I've been fervently wishing for 2011 for a long time. See y'all then.

1 comment: