Wednesday, December 15, 2010

We need to talk.

Dear Pubmed,

I love you, I really do. I spend more time with you than with Google or Wikipedia, and that's saying something. But I just... I just need a break. Your uniformly bolded titles and neatly organized (and always relevant!) "Relevant citations" section are starting to imprint permanently into my retina. The thing is, science is complicated. I know that. But do you really have to reveal how little I know after keystroke? Every time, Pubmed? It's a little insulting. Could you please just pretend that I know something meaningful once in awhile?

The last straw was when I was about to turn in my gigantic term paper, did a quick search to confirm something, and found that an article has just been published that topples the fundamental concept underlying my paper.

What do you mean, fractalkine and CX3CR1 aren't monogamous?!?

Ignorance is bliss, Pubmed. I think you and I should make like fractalkine/CX3R1 and see other chemoki-- I mean, people for awhile.

Please don't take this personally.

Sincerely,
A tired science student

No comments:

Post a Comment